Money Market Accounts
A Wanigas Credit Union Money Market Account is a safe and convenient way to save your money and get a higher yield than you would on a traditional savings account.
Our Money Market Accounts offer:
- Variable rates compounded and paid monthly. Fees may reduce earnings. A fee may be charged for early withdrawal of a fixed-term certificate or IRA.
- Tiered rates which mean higher rates for higher balances
- 24-hour access either online or with EZ Banking telephone service
- Unlimited deposits
- Ability to write checks
We have two different money market accounts:
Cash Management Account
Our Money Market Cash Management Account is part money market account, part checking account – to give you the best of both worlds. You’ll get all of the benefits of our checking account plus monthly dividends*. Just maintain a balance of $2,500 or more and you’ll receive dividends at a variable rate set by our board of directors.
If account balance dips below $2,500 you will not earn dividends. If account balance is between $2,500 - $49,999, you will earn regular savings dividends.
Power Saver Premium Money Market Account
If you’re a dedicated saver, then this is the account for you. The Power Saver Premium Money Market Account gives you an outstanding rate and moderate flexibility.
Our Power Saver Premium account offers:
- A minimum balance of $50,000*
- Up to six transactions per month, a minimum of $500 each†
- Great returns with insured savings
- Free checks and leather checkbook cover
Discover what these accounts can do for you and your savings. Stop by or call one of our branches for more information.
*If account balance dips below $50,000, you will earn regular savings dividends.
†If transaction limit is exceeded, a $25 transaction fee will be imposed. In compliance with Regulation D, this account is limited to a total of six withdrawals or transfers per month. Of these transactions, three may be made payable to a third party via check, draft, debit card or similar order made by the depositor and payable to third parties.