Fraud Alert: In response to several member inquiries regarding text message scams, Wanigas Credit Union wants to remind members of the common signs associated with financial scams so members can prevent themselves from becoming victims of fraud.
Please be aware that Wanigas Credit Union will never call, text or email you to request your personal sensitive information, such as your Social Security number, your credit/debit card number(s), or your Online/Mobile Banking username and password. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be a financial institution or other organization requesting such information, you are most likely being contacted by an impostor. It is important that you never give out your personal credentials.
Please be mindful of incoming text messages or voice calls and follow these precautions:
- Do not respond to text messages, voice calls, or messages that appear to be about your accounts.
- Instead, call the credit union using the phone number on the wanigas.com website to question any text messages or voice calls purportedly from the credit union.
- Never provide personal information in response to text messages and phone calls purportedly from the credit union.
- Never give out or share the Secure Access Code (SAC) that you receive to log in to Online/Mobile banking. Wanigas will never request the SAC from you.
- Do not click on links included in text messages from unknown sources.
Wanigas Is Committed to Your Financial Privacy and Account Security. If you suspect a scam, call the credit union directly at 989.799.9800 or 800.675.2285 to inquire about your account.
'Federal Trade Commission' Consumer Information Regarding Text ScamsGo to main navigation