Important Member Updates Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
On behalf of Wanigas Credit Union officials and staff, thank you for your membership and confidence during this challenging time. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the current COVID-19 Pandemic. As COVID-19 continues to have an impact on the health and safety of our community, we will continue to monitor and update our branch operations to protect you, our employees and the community. We encourage you to continue banking safely and manage your finances by using our FREE virtual and electronic services during this continued time of social distancing.
Wanigas branch lobbies are open during normal business hours while continuing to limit lobby occupancy. Please Note, Wanigas is dedicating Wednesdays, from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm to assist our ‘vulnerable population’ members. The State of Michigan identifies the ‘vulnerable population’ as people over 60 years of age, pregnant women and individuals with chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease. MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED, in accordance to Executive Order 2020-147, when inside the branch (not required in the drive-thru). However, you may be asked to lower your mask for identification purposes.
Wanigas drive-thru locations remain open during normal business hours however, due to the limitation on members in the lobbies, we ask that you continue to use our drive-thru lanes and ATMs for transactions such as cash withdrawals and check deposits. We encourage you to continue banking safely and manage your finances by using our virtual and electronic services during this continued time of social distancing.
Wanigas is proud to be an essential business with a dedicated team that has remained focused on providing excellent member service in a safe environment. Branch staff continue to follow social distancing protocols and a specific set of health and safety guidelines that include the following:
- Employees are wearing non-surgical face masks.
- Employees are completing a health assessment every morning before starting work.
- Branch Office capacity is limited to less than 50 percent so that we can maintain required physical distancing.
- Wanigas branches are cleaned and disinfected regularly, following cleaning and health safety recommendations provided by the CDC.
Keeping You (and Us) Safe
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is a shared responsibility. We ask that you adhere to the following safety precautions when visiting our lobbies:
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED, in accordance to Executive Order 2020-147, when inside the branch. However, you may be asked to lower your mask for identification purposes.
- Masks/Face Coverings Not Required In The Drive-Thru
- Limited Lobby Occupancy: We are limiting the number of visitors who may be in our lobby at one time.
- Main Office, Bagley St., Saginaw - 10 Visitors
- Shattuck Branch, Saginaw - 10 Visitors
- Gratiot Branch, Saginaw - 5 Visitors
- Euclid Branch, Bay City - 5 Visitors
- We ask that you limit the people you bring to those needed for your lobby transaction.
- Please follow the directional arrows on the lobby floor. These one-way arrows are in place to direct the flow of member and employee traffic.
- Social Distancing is in place at Wanigas. Please remain 6 feet apart from others while visiting the branch.
- Where Sneeze-Guards are installed, please keep the shield between you and the Wanigas employee.
- Public Restrooms remain temporarily unavailable.
We're here and committed to assisting our members. If you need to speak with a Wanigas representative about your specific circumstances, please consider calling first as we gradually reopen the lobby with limited hours and limited lobby traffic.
|Member Services||989.759.5780 ext. 784 or 800.675.2285 ext. 784|
|Card Services||989.759.5758 or 800.675.2285 ext. 719|
|Consumer Loan||989.759.5780 ext. 785 or 800.675.2285 ext. 785|
|Mortgage Loan||989.799.6011 or 800.675.2285 ext. 782|
|Collections||989.759.5780 ext. 721 or 800.675.2285.ext. 721|
Wanigas will continue to monitor the pandemic and reassess branch operations, following the advice of the CDC and local authorities who monitor our state’s virus trends. We value your membership and loyalty and we look forward to continuing to serve.
Mortgage Payment Relief
Wanigas understands that the Coronavirus has brought unanticipated financial hardships to many of our members. We recognize that these uncertain times can have a devastating impact on homeowners worried about their upcoming payment, We Are Here To Help!
If the Coronavirus has caused job loss, income reduction, sickness, or other issues that impact your ability to make your monthly mortgage payment, options are available including a Mortgage Payment Deferment. A deferment can move your mortgage payment due date ahead up to 3-months, adding the payment(s) to the end of your mortgage. In addition, Wanigas doesn’t want our members to worry about losing their home due to circumstances created by the pandemic, which is why Wanigas will be offering Foreclosure Protection through November 1, 2020.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to the Coronavirus and are in need of Mortgage Payment Relief, Wanigas encourages you to reach out to speak with a specialist regarding your options:
Wanigas Mortgage Loans 989.799.9800 or 800.675.2285 ext. 721
Midwest Mortgage Loans 800.262.6574 or email email@example.com
Financial Wellness Service
Wanigas is partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to offer financial relief resources to our members including:
- Free-of-charge Financial Counseling and Planning Services, Phone: 877.337.3399
- Debt management
- Dealing with a loss of income
Online Convenience Services
Banking from the safety of your home has never been easier or more efficient. Wanigas offers a variety of convenient remote services to access your account 24/7.
- MemberConnect Online Banking
- Mobile Banking (including Mobile Check Deposit)
- EZ Telephone Banking
- Wanigas ATM Card and Debit Card
- Utilize ATMs, members have access to over 30,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs
We encourage our community to stay informed about the Coronavirus from a reputable resource such as those listed below.
State of Michigan
Centers for Disease Control
World Health Organization (WHO)
Go to main navigation