Your Path to a Bright Financial Future Begins Here!
As a valued member of Wangias Credit Union, we are committed to serving you and care about your financial health. As a benefit of your membership, we have partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide you with the access to one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services, and financial education tools.
As a national non-profit, GreenPath has been assisting individuals across the country for nearly 60 years and will work with you to provide the best possible options based on your individual financial situation.
As a member of Wanigas Credit Union, you can receive assistance with:
- Financial Counseling - You have access to free, one-on-one financial counseling, and debt counseling delivered by caring, certified experts. They'll help you understand your situation, learn about options, and make a plan to meet your goals.
- Debt Management Services - If you have high-interest credit card debt, a GreenPath debt management plan may be able to help lower your interest rates so you can pay off debt faster.
- Housing Services - Take advantage of foreclosure prevention services, home buyer preparation assistance and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Credit Report Review - Understand your personal credit report and how to improve your score.
- Student Loan Counseling - Understand repayment options that can postpone or lower your payments. Learn the pros and cons of each strategy so you can make an informed decision on which is best for you.
GreenPath Counselors are Here to Help
Financial conversations don't need to be painful! Call GreenPath today at 1-877-337-3399, and one of their kind, caring, NFCC-certified counselors will help you access the resources and experiences you need to make informed financial decisions and find your path to a bright financial future. It's free, no-pressure, and 100% confidential.
Want them to call you instead?
Request a call from a GreenPath counselor today!
GreenPath Telephone Counseling Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Eastern
Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Eastern
Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern
GreenPath Online Courses
GreenPath also offers a series of e-courses designed to expand your financial knowledge. Click here to begin a course. Check back often, as more courses are added regularly.
Get your financial ducks in a row
Whether you’re looking for ways to make ends meet or just need to develop a better budget for you and your family, BudgetSmart can help. BudgetSmart is a FREE user-friendly online software program that can help you manage your money more effectively.
- Establish a budget in minutes
- Flexible, customizable budget features
- Easy to track spending
- Tips for improving overspending or inadequate savings
- Uses graphs and charts to help paint your financial picture
Build a stronger budget and financial future for your family today.
Learn more about BudgetSmart here
There are many financial hurdles to navigate in life, and effectively managing a checking account is one of the most important ones. To help members create healthy checking account habits, Wanigas Credit Union offers FREE access to CheckRight, a digital learning experience for checking accounts.
Opening a Checking Account Just Got a Whole Lot Easier.
Interested in opening a checking account but unsure where to start?
Whether you are opening an account for the first time or you’ve had one in the past, this course can help you understand how a checking account can benefit you. We’ll also explore some common checking account options, and how to best deal with challenges along the way.
In this interactive experience, you’ll follow Veronica and Nicholas through real-life scenarios as they interact with their new accounts, deal with common challenges, and use these challenges as an opportunity to learn and grow as they work toward their long-term financial goals.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to deal with and avoid common anxiety-causing situations such as missed due dates, overdrafts, and rejected transactions
- The benefits of mobile account management
- Which plastic card to use (i.e., ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards)
- What ChexSystems is and how you can overcome any roadblocks associated with it
- How to clear items from the mystical QualiFile
Click Here to Begin the CheckRight Course
For More Information
If you’d like more information about any of the above financial counseling services, call to speak to a Wanigas Credit Union member services representative at one of our branches or call 1-877-337-3399 to speak to a GreenPath specialist.Go to main navigation