So you've applied for a loan, here's some of our frequently asked questions of what to expect next.
How long does the loan approval take?
You will be contacted within 24 business hours of submitting your application with a decision based on your preference.
How will I be contacted once my loan has been reviewed?
- In-branch applications: You receive a decision right away while in office
- Online applications: We’ll email you at the email address you submitted with your application
- Phone applications: We’ll call you at the phone number you submitted with your application
How do I qualify for the loyalty discount on the loan rates?
- If you have payroll direct deposit to your Financial Plus account, and sign up for automatic payment transfers you may be eligible for a .50% interest rate discount off qualifying loans.
What do I need to apply for a loan?
You will need your Social Security number and employment information (employer, occupation, length of employment etc.).
How long will it take to close on my loan once I have applied and been approved?
Our goal is to get you your loan as fast as possible. The loan process can be complete in as little as 24 hours. How long it takes to get a loan closed is dependent on when all needed information is received.
How does the process work when buying from a private seller?
When buying from a private seller, the title and a payoff from their financial institution (if there is a lien on the collateral) will be required.
How does the process work when buying from a dealer?
Once you've found your vehicle, you will follow these steps to complete your purchase process:
- Request a purchase order from the dealer. This way we have the vehicle information, price, fees, and the dealership information.
- Give your insurance agency a call and request proof of insurance for your new vehicle with our lien placed on it.
- Email these documents to us.
- We will send you the paperwork electronically to sign and close on your loan.
- Visit your designated branch to pickup the check and take it with you when you pickup your vehicle.
Do I need to know which vehicle I want prior to getting pre-approved?
A vehicle is not required in order to obtain a pre-approval. The final loan terms are determined upon receiving vehicle information.
Can I get pre-approved without a hard pull on my credit?
A credit pull is needed for any pre-approval.
Can I have my lien released on my collateral immediately after paying it?
A lien can be released on collateral immediately if the loan is paid off in cash.
What is the maximum age of a vehicle I can finance?
There is no maximum age of vehicle we will finance, however, an appraisal may be required for accurate value.
If you cannot approve me for the dollar amount requested will you tell me what you can approve me for or am I just denied?
We can give a dollar amount that you may be qualified for. If you receive a denial, we'd love the chance to discuss a different amount or another loan option.
I've obtained an auto loan at a dealership, how do I make a payment?